Saturday 21 January 2012

Still fairing...

I'm still fairing the hull.
I'm getting there on one side. I painted along the waterline and some of the planks so I could see clearly where I need to sand perfectly to and where I can fill if I need to. Also the paint shows up the rough bits that I might miss. I think it is looking good with the contrast of wood and paint, so it is kind of exciting to see what it might look like.
There will be imperfections in the varnished topsides, visible glue in the cracks, old nail holes, and things like that, but I think it all adds to the character.
The waterline is approximate at the moment and is an inch or so lower than it will ultimately be, especially around midships. I didn't want to paint right to the actual waterline just yet because I still need to do a little more sanding around there.


No comments:

Post a Comment