Wednesday 4 April 2012

Trailer

I found a trailer for the boat the other day on Trade-me.
Actually a guy was selling a Phoenix dinghy and he mentioned in the ad that he had an old trailer as well "if you want it" So I sent him an e-mail, and got a reply a few months later.

When I went to have a look I thought it looked pretty good, there was just what looked like a broken spring  mounting bracket. He only wanted $150 for it, so I accepted his offer.

When i got it home, on closer inspection it was only the bolt which had broken and not the bracket. After drilling out the bolt (it had rusted itself in tight) and fitting a new one, the trailer is as good as new.

I'm thinking I'll put a deck on the trailer and make it to fit the boat's beach trolley rather than sit the boat on cradles directly on the trailer. That way it will be easier to rig and you wont have to climb in the boat to do things, and I can also use the trailer for other things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment