Thursday 27 October 2011

The end of day 1

Today, I took out most of the rusty steel bolts and things and all of the broken frames, including the side decks.
I think it might be better without side decks and put seats in instead. I also plan on putting in fore and aft buoyancy tanks in case of capsize. I'm still undecided about how I'll go about that yet though.
 The port side brace on the transom is pretty much stuck fast, so I think I'll leave that as it is. The starboard side of the transom has some rot, actually the only rot in the whole boat, so I'll graft a piece in there next.

The next stage I think is to attach the gunwales and inwales aft of the foredeck main deck beam. I have to make all new deck beams strong enough to support the mast at the deck and the bowsprit.

After that and kind of at the same time I'll start steaming some replacement ribs and start riveting them in. I'll have to find where to get copper rivets and roves first though...

No comments:

Post a Comment